For my own reference, as much as anything else, how to install the latest nightly for QGIS on Windows using the OSGeo4W installer.
OSGeo4W for your version of Windowsfrom the QGIS Website. For me I ended up getting and running
From here, the following is a step-by-step guide:
- Choose a Download Source: Select
Install from Internet
- Select Root Installation Directory: I stick with
- Select local Package: The default works fine.
- Select you internet connection: Whatever you have to, mine is a
- Choose a download site:
http://download.osgeo.orgworks fine, but if you have a mirror that you need, add it here.
- Select Packages: These are expandable. So find
Desktopand expand it. If it is not installed yet, then you will look for
Packagecolumn. Click on the
Newcolumn for that row and change
Skipto the version that you wish to install (
220.127.116.11as I write this). [Edit: you should also install
qgis-dev-pdb, which will improve the debugging of any issues that do crop up.] If you are updating, it should show a different number for
- Resolve Dependencies: You should probably install the dependencies that are needed. Some dependencies may have additional license agreements, which you will be asked to agree to.
- Progress: Watch the pretty progress bars fill up as your packages are downloaded. This may take a while.
- Click finish, and enjoy your new version.